Only pesticides and pesticide devices actively registered by the US Environmental Protection Agency allowed for use, sale, import, or distribution in the CNMI.
A Pesticide is any substance or mixture of substances intended for the purpose of preventing, destroying, repelling, or mitigating any pest.
View the pesticide registration status on any one of these US EPA approved databases:
- US EPA Pesticide Product Labeling System source by the United States Environmental Proctection Agency
- National Product Research Online source by National Pesticide Information Center in Oregon State University
- National Pesticide Information Retrieval System source by US EPA, Office of Pesticide Programs and US states and territories who voluntarily provide their state registratoin data
Requirements for Pesticides on display for sale
- All pesticides offered for sale must be in the registrant’s approved container with the appropriate labeling required by federal law.
- Any damaged pesticide container must be immediately removed from display area to a location where it’s contents can be contained.
- Any pesticide material spilled must be immediately cleaned and decontaminated by a method appropriate to the material spilled.
- Be advised that all pesticides on display to the general public must be displayed at a minimum distance of:
- Ten (10) feet from soft, fresh, or loosely packaged food or feed items that may absorb odors from the pesticides. Examples: vegetables, pastries, rice, meats, candy, chips, etc.
- Four (4) feet from hard packaged, canned food or any other type of food or edible item.